Reactivated as the 5th Air Division on 14 Jan
1951, the 5th moved without personnel and equipment, to French
Morocco in May 1951, absorbing the resources and responsibilities of the USAF
Mission to Morocco. The division then manned, trained, and equipped assigned
units and prepared installations in French Morocco for the support of other SAC
units, in accordance with emergency war plans and operations orders. The 5th
Division inactivated on 15 Jan 1958.